Buying a Flat? A must needed checklist for you
Are you planning to buy a new home? First, let me say Congratulations! Now, I will share with you a Checklist of Documents. I hope this will make your journey a little easier.
- Check Preceding Parental documents for last 30 years
- Obtain Non Encumbrance Certificate for the last 30 years
- Check that Original Title Deed documents are in the name of the present owner
- Latest Patta/Pahani/RTC/Khata or the appropriate document in your State is issued in the name of the present owner
- Field Map Sketch of the land
- Copy of Layout proceedings issued by appropriate authority along with Layout Plan copy with seal of the appropriate local body and permit issued by the appropriate authority wherever applicable.
- Copy of Gift Deed in case the layout/scheme
- Crosscheck land revenue records of the present owner online (if applicable)
- Obtain certified copy of the latest title deed
- Obtain permits for building construction along with copy of sanctioned building plan
- Builder should not retain any undivided share of land
- Builder should not have any terrace rights over the constructed building
- If the builder is availing loan from any bank/financial institution, ensure NOC for sale of apartment from the concerned bank/financial institution.
- Check that prior environmental clearance has been obtained in case of
- The building/project covering an area of more than 20,000 sq metres and less than 150,000 sq metres,
- The townships covering more than 50 hectares or built up area of more than 150,000 sq metres.
Best of Luck!